Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Week 9 Assignment 2

Post to your blog your opinion about book trailers – do they succeed in marketing the books they are trying to promote?  Are they useful for readers’ advisory?


Interesting link that lists 'great' book trailers!


http://therumpus.net/2013/06/fantastic-book-trailers-and-the-reasons-theyre-so-good/


The purpose of a book trailer is to bring attention to a book and its author.  I've only used book trailers for readers advisory with young adult readers!  To be honest, until this assignment I'd never watch book trailers for any other genre than young adult books.  Why for YA readers' advisory?  Typically to see what direction the "next book in a series" will go or to introduce a reader to an author or series.  For better or for worse, I like the trailers that include some actual voice or video of the book's author.  Even if the author seems a little awkward or 'out there.'  I watched Crown Publishing Group's book trailer for the book Dead Wake - after reading the book.  I don't know if watching it prior to reading the book would have prompted me to do so sooner or not!  (Probably not.)  After watching & listening to book trailers for this assignment, I learned audio book trailers are helpful to me personally!  My enjoyment factor when listening to audio books depends heavily upon my opinion of the reader.  (I love reading but NOT listening to Patrick Taylor's Irish County Doctor series.  The reader is just tooooo ovvvvveerrr the top with the Irish brogue.)  Listening to book trailers helps me decide whether or not to bother checking out an audio book.  I recently listened to Great Kitchens of the Midwest's audio edition trailer and know I'd love listening to the story.  And I do; I'm on cd number 3!     

No comments:

Post a Comment